When it comes to the best blenders, you can count on Vitamix. The Vitamix Company was founded by William Barnard in Olmsted Falls, Ohio in 1921, and has been exclusively owned by the Barnard family since.
For many years Vitamix has maintained and continued the quality of its products. Despite the fact that blenders are now common household appliances and are readily available on the market, Vitamix is one of the brands that truly stand out. If you want to know why, take a look at the top Vitamix blenders on the market today, based on blender reviews from consumers and experts.
What you first notice about this blender is its 64-ounce low-profile container which allows you to prepare food in large batches, while its size will fit comfortably under most kitchen cabinets. It’s 2.2. Horsepower motor drives its stainless-steel blades to rotate at speeds that reach up to 37,000 revolutions per minute (RPM). That alone makes the Vitamix 7500 one of the most powerful blenders for home use. Its other features are the “Pulse” switch and the 10 variable speeds which allow you to achieve the texture you want in your food. Plus, this wonderful blender is also whisper-quiet compared to the old Vitamix models.
- Includes pulse feature that other editions don’t
- Comes with a tightly sealed lid container
- The container is prone to scratches
- Gives a loud noise when frozen items and ice is crushed
This is a daily use blender with all the qualities you would find in a professional blender. There are three program settings that allow you to make smoothies, frozen desserts and hot soups. For your desired consistency you can control the speed and while the built-in wireless connectivity and the digital timer will also assist you in blending according to the container size. It is a stylish and sleek blender that comes in four different colors and a compact size that fits all kitchen drawers.
- Multipurpose for all cooking needs
- Very easy and quick cleaning
- Expensive than other counter versions
- Works only on 120V
Like the Vitamix 7500, the Vitamix 5300 also has 64-ounce low-profile container which makes it easy to blend food in big batches, as well as easy to store under kitchen cabinets. Its 2.1 peak horsepower allows its stainless-steel motor blades to cut and chop even the tougher and more fibrous ingredients. You can grind nuts, chop fibrous fruits and vegetables like pineapple and kale, or even crush ice cubes. Despite being powerful, the motor is otherwise virtually noiseless.
This unit comes with a specially-designed tamper which helps in pushing thicker or stickier ingredients towards the blades to ensure thorough mixing and blending. The tamper has a special collar to protect it from the blades.
- Shorter container than other versions which easily fits into any cabinet
- Includes a lighter and much more effective tamper
- After frequent use, the blender gives a burning smell
- The wide mouth of the container tends to spill-out the liquid
Like many Vitamix units, the 750 has a low-profile 64-ounce jug. But what makes it unique among all the other Vitamix blenders is its four pre-programmed settings: Smoothies, Hot Soups, Frozen Desserts, Purees, and Self-Cleaning, which helps you select which type of food you’re going to make, and clean the blender afterwards. Its 2.2 hp motor is quite powerful but it otherwise runs quietly, so as not to disturb your sleeping neighbours.
- Plastic jar that won’t break easily
- Comes with 5 programme and 10-speed settings
- Users complain that it isn’t very effective for frozen food
Vitamix 5200 blender comes with a rotatable speed dial and 64-ounce container that can blend medium to large batches in seconds. The blender features a built-in radial cooling fan and thermal protection system that prevents the motor from overheating. Its hassle-free and easy to clean; just add some washing liquid and run the machine for 60 seconds, no dishwasher or special liquids required. You can nut pastes, ice-creams, smoothies, soups and dip in a jiffy with this edition of Vitamix.
- Powerful blades that don’t require cutting of fruits or veggies
- Crushes ice in seconds
- Not very noisy
- Tall in size and shape which doesn’t fit into a usual kitchen cabinet
- Too many buttons and dials on the front, which are a hassle to clean
- Speed dial is not very smooth
Vitamix Professional Series 750 comes with automated blending to make the perfect smoothies, puree, soups and desserts. It features aircraft-grade stainless steel blades that can grind and blend any possible fruit, vegetable or nuts. The machine can self-clean itself in seconds with warm water and washing liquid. It also ensures safety through separate start/stop and pulse buttons.
- Ideal for large batches of blending
- Features cool-running motor that prevents overheating
- Less noisy but vibrates
- Durability doesn’t match the price and the product wouldn’t last several years
- Not dishwasher safe
Vitamix believes in innovation, therefore year after year, you will see their products getting better and faster. Their blenders are not only powerful but also durable and quick in what they are meant to do. They come in different price ranges and capacity to cater to small, medium and large batches, giving professional-quality smooth blending at home. If you haven’t added a Vitamix blender to your kitchen, it’s time for you to pick one now.